Holy cow I have been so busy lately. I’m feeling like I’m in the weeds. Last week I got approved to take a business trip to Dallas, TX at the very last minute. So, I’m running around like crazy trying to book my trip, submit all the paperwork and get all the approval sign-offs. I originally didn’t think I was going to go so I promised Lee I would go to Savannah that weekend to meet her folks that were staying at her house. When the trip got approved I managed to book the last flight out of Atlanta Sunday evening so I could go to Savannah. The remainder of the week was packing and getting ready for both trips.

But, I digress. The last time I wrote I was meeting an ex to discuss my brokerage accounts before going to Savannah. It all went well. Very well, in fact. I did ask her the question and I liked the reply I got so my money stays with her.

I’m finding that every time Lee and I go to Savannah it bonds us even closer than before. Her folks were great and the weirdness I anticipated never showed it’s face. We had a great time with them and taking the seafood down with us to have a boil was a hit. Like I originally imagined, it was a great ice-breaker. Friday evening we had dinner, and then Lee and I drove out to Tybee and hit our place with the two-dollar bill we had stapled on the ceiling that previous January. The next day, I drove back to Tybee and ran on the beach for an hour and then had an ice-cold beer. Afterwards, I ran around the island shopping and picking up a charm and t-shirts for Lee and I. That night, Lee and I went downtown and wound around the many squares of Savannah breathing in the sweet air, taking in the mossy live oaks and hitting River street to have dinner and drinks at our favorite Irish pub. To say it was less than one of the most romantic evenings I’ve ever experienced would be a travesty.

The next day went too fast. We had breakfast with her parents and then headed back to Atlanta where Lee was dropping me off at the airport to fly to Dallas. I got into Dallas at 2 a.m. the next day and was exhausted dragging into my first class at 8:00 with 4 hours of sleep. My hotel room was very nice, though, and I actually enjoyed my time there. Wednesday evening I finally found the “gayborhood” and went out. It was a 5 block strip of gay bars, restaurants and shops. It reminded me at little bit of Liberty Avenue in Queer as Folk. I ended up at a lesbian bar “Sue Ellen’s” and met some really nice women who I ended up partying with the rest of the night, pouring myself into a cab at 2 a.m. to go back to the hotel. I found the people in Dallas very friendly and I would gladly go back.

Friday I landed in Atlanta to find smiling Lee at the top of the escalators of the terminal and the rest is history. I’m back!


4 thoughts on “whew

  1. Glad you made it back safe and sound and it sounds like you had a spectacular time! I’ve never been to Savvanah, but in my mind it is the epitome of romance from what I’ve seen in movies and heard from friends and family that have been there. So wonderful things are going so well for you!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s